It's Safe to Ask encourages patients and families to request the information they need in order to become active participants in their care. It includes easy-to-read materials for patients. Healthcare providers can also use this information with patients and families.
It’s Safe to Ask encourages patients and health care providers to ask and discuss 3 key questions:
1 – What is my health problem?
2 – What do I need to do?
3 – Why do I need to do this?
It’s Safe to Ask will:
• promote stronger communication between patients and providers,
• lead to more informed patients,
• increase awareness about the importance of communication,
• contribute to reduced patient harm and safer outcomes for patients.
Knowledge is critical to quality healthcare and improved health outcomes.
A well-informed patient:
• asks questions,
• tries to understand,
• takes action for themselves and their families with their healthcare providers to become a team player in their healthcare.
Read more about It's Safe to Ask HERE.
Download or order posters and brochures HERE.
It’s Safe to Ask is adapted from a successful initiative in the United
Manitoba Institute for Patient Safety
102-175 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 3H9
t: 204.927.6477 f: 204.779.6477
Toll Free: 1.866.927.6477